What changes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What changes?

Post by Daize on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:26 am

What changes did you notice in BABV?
From day one to today, what are the major changes in BABV?
Is it better, or worse?

Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Re: What changes?

Post by JLBABV on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:32 am

I noticed the updates in the beestylin salon, being UK time i was awake at 6am BABV time to see the change take place

also the names changed, the CBZ the BNN studio, BVO changed from Bear Boutique, the market place appeared, the dog park, the train station and bank, the bearville times, the light house, the skate park with the swimming pool, the furtastic fountain game, all the waterfall areas, the location of the Camp Happy Heart, the addition of the island and the zoo, sunshine shores marina, the additional homes, the condo layout changed, maxine's condo appeared, chat changed several times... need i go on?

oh and the rooftop of BVO

AND the ability to change your eye color to what ever you wanted was removed from the character creation screen people had all sorts of eye colors from brown green and blue to pink and orange

Last edited by JLBABV on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total

JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:35 am

Haha Jessie xD

So is it better?

Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:37 am

i edited my post! i forgot to add the removal of the color wheel for eyes at the character creation screen

JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:57 am

Jess has it summed up. I like it better today than before, but they need to fix the chat still.

Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:59 am

i am good at summing things up

JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:49 am

Yeah a lot of things changed good and bad

muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:23 pm

JLBABV wrote:i am good at summing things up
Yes you are

I agree Luv. They should fix the chat. Or at least add some more options!

Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:08 pm

It's the only thing that has remained so primitive over time. xD I mean, sure, they've made changes, but communication is so limited.

Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Seriously ^^
It's so hard to talk to people >.<

Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Luv wrote:It's the only thing that has remained so primitive over time. xD I mean, sure, they've made changes, but communication is so limited.

That is one feature that really won't change much. BABW is very serious about keeping all Bearville citizens safe, and having the limited safe chat is one of the best ways to do that.

karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Luv wrote:It's the only thing that has remained so primitive over time. I mean, sure, they've made changes, but communication is so limited.

Imo, this is what separates BABV among other games. For as long as they are set to 13+ and have a small list of black listed words, other games think their world is safe. I don't think BABV will ever be like that. They care more about the players safety than what they can possibly get from generating more players once they make they chat unrestricted. Plus, they have a brand to protect. Other games won't lose anything should their world be shut down for whatever reason.

Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Admin wrote:
Luv wrote:It's the only thing that has remained so primitive over time. I mean, sure, they've made changes, but communication is so limited.

Imo, this is what separates BABV among other games. For as long as they are set to 13+ and have a small list of black listed words, other games think their world is safe. I don't think BABV will ever be like that. They care more about the players safety than what they can possibly get from generating more players once they make they chat unrestricted. Plus, they have a brand to protect. Other games won't lose anything should their world be shut down for whatever reason.

:melikey:

karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Admin wrote:

I'm well aware - especially of protecting the company. I've grazed over the press releases on their website, and it's beyond evident that the site has had an impact.

It's not a question of restricted chat vs. unrestricted - I wouldn't jump the gun and assume it's one choice against the other.

There are countless options and possibilities that could be considered. Many of which I've devised, and aren't really detrimental to safety. For example, having a sort of privilege gradient that correlates to age. Without a doubt, kids allot better judgement as they age - and there are ways that allow them to exercise it, separate from younger players.

I doubt that they'd ever change it, of course...but it's a lovely thought.

Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum