How do you get to be rare?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you get to be rare?

Post by bearvilleisawesome on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:58 am

For all of you who have rares like bunny glasses, baseball caps, furry feet, and more...do you have tips for totally "un-rare" people like me on how to get the things you have? I've tried to hard, and I've offered good things like my orca hat, fuzzy clogs, and embroidered, but it doesn't seem to be enough. So how do you get so rare? scratch

bearvilleisawesome
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you get to be rare?

Post by MollyFlyer on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:40 am

Play a lot of games to build up Bear Bills; trade the bear bills for credit items and smaller PSIs, and buy limited-availablity things like Halloween costumes and stuff from the Store Fur All Seasons so you have good options to trade for when you find someone with nice stuff.

MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by bearvilleisawesome on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:19 pm

MollyFlyer wrote:Play a lot of games to build up Bear Bills; trade the bear bills for credit items and smaller PSIs, and buy limited-availablity things like Halloween costumes and stuff from the Store Fur All Seasons so you have good options to trade for when you find someone with nice stuff.

That's great advice!I'll try that. Thanks Molly[:

bearvilleisawesome
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:12 pm

I've heard people complain that those with nice stuff won't trade with them because they don't have rare things, but I find that when I trade with someone and close out without exchanging anything, it's because they simply don't have anything that I don't already have. Keep trying, keep interesting things in your inventory you can trade up from, and try settling on one item you really want -- if baseball caps and furry feet were to be made available in stores tomorrow, would you cheer and buy one for yourself, or complain that it decreased the rarity? Do you really like the bunny glasses, or would a different glasses design appeal to you more? Think about things, and consider your target goal carefully.

I don't have bunny glasses, furry feet, or baseball caps, but recently managed to trade up to the point that I snagged a peacock hat and a pair of red panda ears in the same day -- two items that I wanted more than the more highly-desired rare treasures.

MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by bearvilleisawesome on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:26 pm

MollyFlyer wrote:I've heard people complain that those with nice stuff won't trade with them because they don't have rare things, but I find that when I trade with someone and close out without exchanging anything, it's because they simply don't have anything that I don't already have. Keep trying, keep interesting things in your inventory you can trade up from, and try settling on one item you really want -- if baseball caps and furry feet were to be made available in stores tomorrow, would you cheer and buy one for yourself, or complain that it decreased the rarity? Do you really like the bunny glasses, or would a different glasses design appeal to you more? Think about things, and consider your target goal carefully.

I don't have bunny glasses, furry feet, or baseball caps, but recently managed to trade up to the point that I snagged a peacock hat and a pair of red panda ears in the same day -- two items that I wanted more than the more highly-desired rare treasures.

That's so true! A lot of times when I'm trading with someone, if they have things that I already have, or things that I really don't like then I don't trade with them. Also you've got a great point! See I don't want the items because their rare...in fact I wish they weren't rare and that they available because I think everyone should have a chance at getting something they like whether it's rare or not. I realize that I do have a taste in rare-hard-to-get-things, but I also like them because they're nice. I do wish we could change the color of the bunny glasses though, just so it would be more creative...a lot of people only like rare items because they're rare, and the people that have those items are happy that they're hard to get because they might have gave a lot to get them, but for the people that don't have them, and just want the item simply because they like wish it wasn't rare. Also good job!! The peacock hat and red panda ears are great accesories. I gave up on trying to get those a while ago, since they're hard to find. I guess that in my opinion something "rare" is not an item that everyone wants, it's something that you really treasure and love.

bearvilleisawesome
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:57 am

Well, once I used to have a baseball cap, a pair of bunny glasses, and furry boots all at once.

The way I got them was by trading, it was very hard. Molly's advice is also very good. The way I got the furry boots were from an auction here in BGF. So you could always big/enter contests here in the forum to get rare items. My baseball cap was from a really good friend who I know in real life and on BABV. And the bunny glasses... I was just lucky. If you really want to get bunny glasses, I would suggest you gather up some BVO credits and buy the last item on the last page of each section. I traded my bunny glasses to someone who was really desperate. She gave me furry boots, a light blue embroidered, and an old flamingo mask. You could start asking for items one by one. First, you could ask for old BVO items. Then, you could start asking for rarer items. Such as rare PSI's. Then you could make your way up to bunny glasses, furry boots, baseballs caps, etc.

I hope my advice helped!

Anita
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer on Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:23 am

Okay, so, to be rare, credits are the most important. Go to BVO and buy nice things in different colours. When the items retire, which they will, they'll become more and more in demand the more time that passes.
With your credit items, first trade for old BVO. Don't try for anything really rare like an EFT yet, just things with lower rarity. People will trade you.
After you have old BVO, you can start to trade that for low rarity PSI's. Then you can trade multiple low rarity PSI's for items of higher rarity, then multiple high rarity PSI's for the items that you want with higher rarity.

It's pretty simple. It just takes a lot of time and luck. Just never give up and you'll be really rare really quickly.
Like Anita said, it's also worth it to join contests on forums, like this one. Lots of rare items were given away over the summer, and I'm pretty sure there'll be more contests with rare items as prizes soon.

Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum